1. COVID-19 TESTS
Please note only the following people qualify for testing at this time:
1) Symptomatic patient-facing healthcare workers
2) Symptomatic staff, volunteers, residents/inpatients, essential care providers, and
visitors in hospitals and congregate living settings, including Long- Term Care, retirement homes, First Nation elder care lodges, group homes, shelters, hospices, temporary foreign worker settings, and correctional institutions
3) Symptomatic outpatients for whom COVID-19 treatment is being considered o includes those 70and older who have a risk factor including obesity (BMI ≥30), dialysis or stage 5 kidney disease (eGFR <15 mL/min/1.73 m2), diabetes, cerebral palsy, intellectual disability of any severity, sickle cell disease, receiving active cancer treatment, solid organ or stem cell transplant recipients, or 50 and older if First Nations, Inuit, or Métis with any of those risk factors3
4). Symptomatic people who are under housed or homeless
5) Symptomatic/asymptomatic people who are from First Nation, Inuit, and Métis communities and individuals travelling into these communities for work
6). Symptomatic /asymptomatic people on admission/transfer to or from hospital or congregate living setting
7) High risk contacts and asymptomatic/symptomatic people in the context of confirmed or suspected outbreaks in highest risk settings, including hospitals, long-term care, retirement homes, other congregate living settings and institutions, and other settings as directed by the local public health unit 8) Individuals, and one accompanying caregiver, with written prior approval for out-of-country medical services from the General Manager, OHIP
9) Asymptomatic testing in hospital, long-term care, retirement homes and other congregate living settings and institutions as per provincial guidance and/or Directives, or as directed by public health units.
2. COVID CARE VISITS:
Should you have symptoms of covid-19 and require a physician assessment, covid care visits are now available.
Please note, care visits will not include a covid-19 test unless testing eligibility is met (as set out by the provincial guidelines.)
WE ARE A DIY TESTING CENTRE ONLY:
How it works:
1. Patients are to continue to book appointments online at:
2. Limited walk-ins will be available as capacity allows. They are not guaranteed.
3. Patients will be screened at the door and will be provided with a test kit, if eligible for a test. The test can be done at home or in the car.
Once your test is complete, you will drop it off in a cooler outside of the centre where a clinician will provide you with your post test instructions.
4. Please watch the following video to familiarize yourself with the swab process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNOPiuH-roU (adult version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZOLJJlBs7M (child version)
5.Please do not eat or drink for 30min prior to your pick-up time. This includes tooth paste, cigarettes, gum, candy, and throat lozenges.
6. Turn- around time for results will remain the same.
7. Results will still be found at: https://covid19results.ehealthontario.ca:4443/agree
Should you have symptoms of covid-19 and require a physician assessment, covid care visits are available starting Jan 12, 2022. Please note, care visits will not include a covid-19 test unless testing eligibility is met (as set out by the provincial guidelines.)